Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:41:40 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c: In function 'tegra_atomic_complete':
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c:58:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'drm_atomic_helper_commit_pre_planes' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_atomic_helper_commit_pre_planes(drm, state);
  ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c:60:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'drm_atomic_helper_commit_post_planes' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  drm_atomic_helper_commit_post_planes(drm, state);
  ^

Caused by commit ad9e7c89a4e4 ("drm/atomic-helper: Rename
commmit_post/pre_planes") interacting with commit 1503ca47d76e
("drm/tegra: Atomic conversion, phase 3, step 3") from v4.0-rc1.

I added the following merge fix patch:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 11:37:11 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] drm/atomic-helper: fix for Rename commmit_post/pre_planes

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c b/drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c
index 7dd328d77996..5f1880766110 100644
--- a/drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c
+++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/tegra/drm.c
@@ -55,9 +55,9 @@ static void tegra_atomic_complete(struct tegra_drm *tegra,
 	 * current layout.
 	 */
 
-	drm_atomic_helper_commit_pre_planes(drm, state);
+	drm_atomic_helper_commit_modeset_disables(drm, state);
 	drm_atomic_helper_commit_planes(drm, state);
-	drm_atomic_helper_commit_post_planes(drm, state);
+	drm_atomic_helper_commit_modeset_enables(drm, state);
 
 	drm_atomic_helper_wait_for_vblanks(drm, state);
 
-- 
2.1.4

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]