Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Mar 12

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 21:26:31 +1100

Hi Mark,

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 09:58:11 +0000 Mark Brown <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 04:53:57PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> 
> > The sound-asoc tree still had its build failure so I used the version from
> > next-20150306.
> 
> Are you sure it's the same failure and not a new one?  This should have
> been fixed yesterday and I just re-checked what's there at the minute
> definitely doesn't have the same problem (and shouldn't have since well
> before you normally do your updates).

This is the error I have been getting for the past couple of days:

sound/soc/codecs/rt5670.c: In function 'is_sys_clk_from_pll':
sound/soc/codecs/rt5670.c:702:38: error: 'struct snd_soc_dapm_widget' has no member named 'codec'
  struct snd_soc_codec *codec = source->codec;
                                      ^

The line number has changed (from 519 to 702) but the function name and
text is the same.

There was another error (the bad merge resolution) that is gone today.

Bard Liao pointed at this patch today:
http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2015-January/086618.html
which is not in the sound-asoc tree I fetched today (top commit
ddb1fb8f0089).  I just did another fetch and it didn't change.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]