Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the virtio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 12:47:34 +1100

Hi Rusty,

After merging the virtio tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/virtio/virtio_mmio.c:250:12: error: redefinition of 'vm_generation'
 static u32 vm_generation(struct virtio_device *vdev)
            ^
drivers/virtio/virtio_mmio.c:240:12: note: previous definition of 'vm_generation' was here
 static u32 vm_generation(struct virtio_device *vdev)
            ^

Caused by the bad merge of commits 87e7bf1450c9 ("virtio_mmio:
generation support") from Linus' tree and cf02b2c2d1a1 ("virtio_mmio:
generation support") from the virtio tree.

I fixed it up by removing the second version of that function.

Could the virtio tree should be cleaned up to match what was sent to
Linus, please?
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]