Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:05:34 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c: In function 'cdc_ncm_fill_tx_frame':
drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c:1187:2: error: too few arguments to function 'usbnet_set_skb_tx_stats'
  usbnet_set_skb_tx_stats(skb_out, n);
  ^
In file included from drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c:51:0:
include/linux/usb/usbnet.h:238:1: note: declared here
 usbnet_set_skb_tx_stats(struct sk_buff *skb,
 ^

Caused by a bad merge between commits 1e9e39f4a298 ("usbnet: Fix
tx_packets stat for FLAG_MULTI_FRAME drivers") and 7a1e890e2168
("usbnet: Fix tx_bytes statistic running backward in cdc_ncm") form the
net tree and commit 6588af614e7b ("usbnet: Fix tx_packets stat for
FLAG_MULTI_FRAME drivers") from the net-next tree.  (Presumably,
6588af614e7b was cherry-picked as a bug fix.  So, Dave, something to
watch for if you merge net into net-next.)

I applied the following merge fix patch:

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 14:59:49 +1100
Subject: [PATCH] usbnet: fix bad merge in cdc_ncm.c

Signed-off-by: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
---
 drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c | 2 --
 1 file changed, 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c b/drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c
index ee6fed0af6f5..c3e4da9e79ca 100644
--- a/drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c
+++ b/drivers/net/usb/cdc_ncm.c
@@ -1184,8 +1184,6 @@ cdc_ncm_fill_tx_frame(struct usbnet *dev, struct sk_buff *skb, __le32 sign)
 	usbnet_set_skb_tx_stats(skb_out, n,
 				ctx->tx_curr_frame_payload - skb_out->len);
 
-	usbnet_set_skb_tx_stats(skb_out, n);
-
 	return skb_out;
 
 exit_no_skb:
-- 
2.1.4

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]