Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:08:38 +0100

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 09:57:48AM -0500, Nathan Lynch wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 03:08 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi Russell,
> > 
> > On Mon, 30 Mar 2015 08:15:37 +0100 Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'll drop the VDSO stuff from the ARM tree; I can't see a way to keep
> >> it in my tree and keep my tree buildable without dragging in the tip
> >> tree.
> > 
> > Does it affect your tree on its own?  If not, then it can be fixed when
> > merged as I have done, or if you look at the tip tree, all you really
> > need to merge is tip timers/core branch (which I am sure the tip guys
> > can tell you if it is stable enough) which is about 28 commits ...
> > 
> >> The ARM VDSO stuff will just have to wait for 4.2 instead.
> > 
> > If that works for you.
> 
> FWIW, Stephen's merge fix is correct and I have run my vdso tests
> without problems on OMAP5 with next-20150330.

Hopefully, I can pull the tip stuff but if not, I'll try to remember
to include Stephen's patch with my pull request, but I can't make any
guarantees - Stephen's email will very quickly get buried in my mailbox,
and I'll most likely forget about it too... I'm notoriously bad with
email...

-- 
FTTC broadband for 0.8mile line: currently at 10.5Mbps down 400kbps up
according to speedtest.net.