Subject: linux-next: build warnings after merge of the char-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 19:37:20 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the char-misc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced these warnings:

In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:90:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
include/trace/ftrace.h:28:0: warning: "TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING" redefined
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __app(TRACE_SYSTEM_VAR,__trace_system_name)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:83:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
drivers/misc/mei/./mei-trace.h:29:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __stringify(TRACE_SYSTEM)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/ftrace.h:134:0,
                 from include/trace/define_trace.h:90,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
drivers/misc/mei/./mei-trace.h:29:0: warning: "TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING" redefined
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __stringify(TRACE_SYSTEM)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:90:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
include/trace/ftrace.h:28:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __app(TRACE_SYSTEM_VAR,__trace_system_name)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:90:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
include/trace/ftrace.h:28:0: warning: "TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING" redefined
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __app(TRACE_SYSTEM_VAR,__trace_system_name)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:83:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
drivers/misc/mei/./mei-trace.h:29:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __stringify(TRACE_SYSTEM)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/ftrace.h:134:0,
                 from include/trace/define_trace.h:90,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
drivers/misc/mei/./mei-trace.h:29:0: warning: "TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING" redefined
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __stringify(TRACE_SYSTEM)
 ^
In file included from include/trace/define_trace.h:90:0,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h:76,
                 from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.c:21:
include/trace/ftrace.h:28:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
 #define TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING __app(TRACE_SYSTEM_VAR,__trace_system_name)
 ^

Introduced by commit a0a927d06d79 ("mei: me: add io register tracing")
interacting with commit acd388fd3af3 ("tracing: Give system name a
pointer") from the ftrace tree.

TRACE_SYSTEM_STRING should be removed from drivers/misc/mei/mei-trace.h
as it is not being used anywhere in the mei-trace code.
-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]