Subject: Re: Coresight tree to -next please

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 10:48:34 +1000

Hi Mathieu,

On Mon, 4 May 2015 16:19:30 -0600 Mathieu Poirier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I am the maintainer of the coresight sub-system [1] and I would like
> to ask you to add my next tree [2] to the list of trees you are using
> to build linux-next.
> 
> [1]. drivers/hwtracing/coresight
> [2]. https://git.linaro.org/kernel/coresight.git (next)

I used git://git.linaro.org/kernel/coresight.git, and added it from
today.  Is this tree to be submitted directly to Linus, or via some
other tree? (just gives me a clue as to where to positiion it in the
merge list)

Thanks for adding your subsystem tree as a participant of linux-next.
As you may know, this is not a judgment of your code.  The purpose of
linux-next is for integration testing and to lower the impact of
conflicts between subsystems in the next merge window. 

You will need to ensure that the patches/commits in your tree/series
have been:
     * submitted under GPL v2 (or later) and include the Contributor's
        Signed-off-by,
     * posted to the relevant mailing list,
     * reviewed by you (or another maintainer of your subsystem tree),
     * successfully unit tested, and 
     * destined for the current or next Linux merge window.

Basically, this should be just what you would send to Linus (or ask him
to fetch).  It is allowed to be rebased if you deem it necessary.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell 
[email-masked]