Subject: Re: Coresight tree to -next please

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 00:27:03 +1000

Hi Mathieu,

On Tue, 5 May 2015 08:22:20 -0600 Mathieu Poirier <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 4 May 2015 at 18:48, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > I used git://git.linaro.org/kernel/coresight.git, and added it from
> > today.
> 
> Perfect - did you use the "next" branch?

Yes.

> > Is this tree to be submitted directly to Linus, or via some
> > other tree? (just gives me a clue as to where to positiion it in the
> > merge list)
> 
> I take patches in my next tree and about twice per cycle will send a
> tally to GKH for inclusion in his char-misc-next branch.  As such when
> he takes my patches there should be some duplication between the
> coresight next branch and his char-misc-next.  Do you see this as a
> problem?

It can cause conflicts if you send patches to Greg and keep them in
your tree (if there are further changes to the same files in either
tree).  Much better would be to ask him to pull your tree (or a subset)
that way you have the same commits (as opposed to patches) in both
trees.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]