Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the modules tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 08:57:06 +1000

Hi Dan,

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 14:18:44 -0400 Dan Streetman <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:37 PM, Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > After merging the modules tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
> > allmodconfig) failed like this:
> 
> that's weird.  Are you sure it failed during allmodconfig?  I can see
> why it would fail like that if CONFIG_MODULES ins't defined, which
> I'll send a patch for...

Pretty sure - and, in any case, I don't do any CONFIG_MODULES=n builds
between tree merges (only later in the day).  That is why I couldn't
figure out what went wrong.

I will apply your patch today and see if that helps.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]