Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 11:58:24 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:301:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
 module_init(ip_tunnel_core_init);
 ^
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:301:1: error: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'module_init' [-Werror=implicit-int]
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:301:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:307:1: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
 module_exit(ip_tunnel_core_exit);
 ^
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:307:1: error: type defaults to 'int' in declaration of 'module_exit' [-Werror=implicit-int]
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:307:1: warning: parameter names (without types) in function declaration
net/ipv4/ip_tunnel_core.c:295:19: warning: 'ip_tunnel_core_init' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
 static int __init ip_tunnel_core_init(void)
                   ^

Caused by commit

  3093fbe7ff4b ("route: Per route IP tunnel metadata via lightweight tunnel")

Forgot to include module.h ...

I have used the net-next tree from next-20150722 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]