Subject: Re: samples/kdbus/kdbus-workers.c and cross compiling MIPS

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 09:55:11 +1000

Hi Paul,

On Thu, 30 Jul 2015 11:32:05 -0400 Paul Gortmaker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Well, it only shows up when we cross compile for mips.  It does not
> seem to be showing up for any other arch (and we cover ~10 of them).
> Nor does it show up for x86 builds.  Also note that the main linux-next
> build machine is actually a PowerPC host.

Actually I do my linux-next builds on an x86_64 host, and the overnight
builds are spread between that and a PowerPC host.

> > Please note that this is HOSTCC running, so it does *NOT* require the
> > toolchain for your cross-compiled architecture.
> > 
> > Also, please tell me why your system has "linux/memfd.h" available,
> > but __NR_memfd_create is undefined?
> 
> My local system is a bog standard ubuntu 14.10 and it sees it.  I dont
> know what distro the linux-next IBM powerpc builder is based on but it
> also sees it....

Our build hosts are running Debian stable and Ubuntu <mumble> (I think -
I will check on this latter).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]