Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2015 17:24:03 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

lib/test_user_copy.c: In function 'test_user_copy_init':
lib/test_user_copy.c:111:2: error: implicit declaration of function 'csum_partial_copy_from_user' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
  csum_partial_copy_from_user(usermem, kmem, PAGE_SIZE, 0, &err);
  ^

Caused by commit

  0b6e2917b6fc ("lib/test_user_copy.c: check user checksum functions")

It looks like PowerPC 64 bit has an implementation of
csum_and_copy_from_user() that does not use csum_partial_copy_from_user()
and so this latter does not exist.  You need to check for
_HAVE_ARCH_COPY_AND_CSUM_FROM_USER.

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]