Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the net-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:39:17 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the net-next tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
allyesconfig) failed like this:

drivers/net/built-in.o: In function `.vnic_wq_devcmd2_alloc':
(.text+0x49fe40): multiple definition of `.vnic_wq_devcmd2_alloc'
drivers/scsi/built-in.o:(.text+0xb4318): first defined here
drivers/net/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2af00): multiple definition of `vnic_wq_devcmd2_alloc'
drivers/scsi/built-in.o:(.opd+0xad70): first defined here
drivers/net/built-in.o: In function `.vnic_wq_init_start':
(.text+0x49f9c0): multiple definition of `.vnic_wq_init_start'
drivers/scsi/built-in.o:(.text+0xb3b58): first defined here
drivers/net/built-in.o:(.opd+0x2ae88): multiple definition of `vnic_wq_init_start'
drivers/scsi/built-in.o:(.opd+0xace0): first defined here

Caused by commit

  373fb0873d43 ("enic: add devcmd2")

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]