Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the spi tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 14:10:04 +1000

Hi Mark,

After merging the spi tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/clk.h:16:0,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-sun4i.c:14:
drivers/spi/spi-sun4i.c: In function 'sun4i_spi_transfer_one':
drivers/spi/spi-sun4i.c:283:43: error: 'speed' undeclared (first use in this function)
  tx_time = max_t(int, tfr->len * 8 * 2 / (speed / 1000), 100);
                                           ^
include/linux/kernel.h:767:17: note: in definition of macro 'max_t'
  type __max1 = (x);   \
                 ^
drivers/spi/spi-sun4i.c:283:43: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  tx_time = max_t(int, tfr->len * 8 * 2 / (speed / 1000), 100);
                                           ^
include/linux/kernel.h:767:17: note: in definition of macro 'max_t'
  type __max1 = (x);   \
                 ^
In file included from include/linux/clk.h:16:0,
                 from drivers/spi/spi-sun6i.c:14:
drivers/spi/spi-sun6i.c: In function 'sun6i_spi_transfer_one':
drivers/spi/spi-sun6i.c:273:43: error: 'speed' undeclared (first use in this function)
  tx_time = max_t(int, tfr->len * 8 * 2 / (speed / 1000), 100);
                                           ^
include/linux/kernel.h:767:17: note: in definition of macro 'max_t'
  type __max1 = (x);   \
                 ^
drivers/spi/spi-sun6i.c:273:43: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
  tx_time = max_t(int, tfr->len * 8 * 2 / (speed / 1000), 100);
                                           ^
include/linux/kernel.h:767:17: note: in definition of macro 'max_t'
  type __max1 = (x);   \
                 ^

Caused by commit

  63d53d153b62 ("spi: sunxi: fix transfer timeout")

I have used the spi tree from next-20150820 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]