Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the target-updates tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 14:49:32 +1100

Hi Nicholas,

After merging the target-updates tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:212:2: error: unknown field 'show_attribute' specified in initializer
  .show_attribute  = stp_policy_node_attr_show,
  ^
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:212:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:212:2: warning: (near initialization for 'stp_policy_node_item_ops.allow_link')
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:213:2: error: unknown field 'store_attribute' specified in initializer
  .store_attribute = stp_policy_node_attr_store,
  ^
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:213:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:213:2: warning: (near initialization for 'stp_policy_node_item_ops.drop_link')
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:353:2: error: unknown field 'show_attribute' specified in initializer
  .show_attribute  = stp_policy_attr_show,
  ^
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:353:2: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
drivers/hwtracing/stm/policy.c:353:2: warning: (near initialization for 'stp_policy_item_ops.allow_link')

Caused by commit

  7bd1d4093c2f ("stm class: Introduce an abstraction for System Trace Module devices")

from the char-misc tree interacting with commit

  f71933438300 ("configfs: remove old API")

I have reverted the target-updated commit for today.  If there is a
better resolution (and I assume that there is), please let me know.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]