Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the driver-core tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 15:51:46 +1100

Hi Greg,

After merging the driver-core tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c: In function 'opp_debug_create_one':
drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:48:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'debugfs_create_bool' from incompatible pointer type
  if (!debugfs_create_bool("available", S_IRUGO, d,
       ^
In file included from drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:13:0:
include/linux/debugfs.h:94:16: note: expected 'bool *' but argument is of type 'u32 *'
 struct dentry *debugfs_create_bool(const char *name, umode_t mode,
                ^
drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:52:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'debugfs_create_bool' from incompatible pointer type
  if (!debugfs_create_bool("dynamic", S_IRUGO, d, (u32 *)&opp->dynamic))
       ^
In file included from drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:13:0:
include/linux/debugfs.h:94:16: note: expected 'bool *' but argument is of type 'u32 *'
 struct dentry *debugfs_create_bool(const char *name, umode_t mode,
                ^
drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:55:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'debugfs_create_bool' from incompatible pointer type
  if (!debugfs_create_bool("turbo", S_IRUGO, d, (u32 *)&opp->turbo))
       ^
In file included from drivers/base/power/opp/debugfs.c:13:0:
include/linux/debugfs.h:94:16: note: expected 'bool *' but argument is of type 'u32 *'
 struct dentry *debugfs_create_bool(const char *name, umode_t mode,
                ^

Introduced by commit

  621a5f7ad9cd ("debugfs: Pass bool pointer to debugfs_create_bool()")

interacting with commit

  5cb5fdbf3877 ("PM / OPP: Add debugfs support")

from the pm tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]