Subject: Re: linux-next: bad base of the h8300 tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 08:57:43 +1100

Hi,

On Thu, 15 Oct 2015 09:21:57 +1100 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 3 Oct 2015 14:28:38 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >
> > It is now based on next-20150925.  As I have said before, you cannot
> > base your linux-next included branch on a linux-next release.  You
> > should either base it on Linus' tree, or one of the other linux-next
> > included branches (as long as that other branch is never rebased).  
> 
> OK, now your tree is no longer based on a linux-next release (thanks).
> However, you have managed to rebase a whole string of post v4.3-rc5
> commits from Linus' tree into your tree.  This would mean that we would
> end up with duplicates of those patches.  Please just rebase your
> patches (and just your patches) onto some part of Linus' tree.

And now that you have merged in v4.3-rc6, just do a "git rebase
v4.3-rc6", please (you still have duplicates of some of the patches in
Linus' tree between -rc5 and -rc6.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]