Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the pinctrl tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 14:45:16 +1100

Hi Linus,

After merging the pinctrl tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-iproc-gpio.c: In function 'iproc_gpio_unregister_pinconf':
drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-iproc-gpio.c:642:25: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type 'struct cygnus_gpio'
  pinctrl_unregister(chip->pctl);   
                         ^
drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-iproc-gpio.c: In function 'iproc_gpio_probe':
drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-iproc-gpio.c:738:32: warning: passing argument 1 of 'iproc_gpio_unregister_pinconf' from incompatible pointer type [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]   
  iproc_gpio_unregister_pinconf(chip);
                                ^   
drivers/pinctrl/bcm/pinctrl-iproc-gpio.c:640:13: note: expected 'struct cygnus_gpio *' but argument is of type 'struct iproc_gpio *'
 static void iproc_gpio_unregister_pinconf(struct cygnus_gpio *chip)
             ^

Caused by commit

  616043d58a89 ("pinctrl: Rename gpio driver from cygnus to iproc")

I have used the pinctrl tree from next-20151217 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    [email-masked]