Subject: Re: [PATCH] ima_write_policy() optimizations;

From: kbuild test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 01:41:26 +0800

Hi Petko,

[auto build test ERROR on integrity/next]
[cannot apply to v4.4-rc7 next-20151231]
[if your patch is applied to the wrong git tree, please drop us a note to help improving the system]

url:    https://github.com/0day-ci/linux/commits/Petko-Manolov/ima_write_policy-optimizations/20160102-013037
base:   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/zohar/linux-integrity.git next
config: i386-randconfig-x002-12300610 (attached as .config)
reproduce:
        # save the attached .config to linux build tree
        make ARCH=i386 

All errors (new ones prefixed by >>):

   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:275:9: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:276:14: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:279:11: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:282:28: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:289:37: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:296:15: sparse: undefined identifier 'data'
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c: In function 'ima_write_policy':
>> security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:275:2: error: 'data' undeclared (first use in this function)
     data = kmalloc(datalen + 1, GFP_KERNEL);
     ^
   security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c:275:2: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

vim +/data +275 security/integrity/ima/ima_fs.c

4af4662f Mimi Zohar 2009-02-04  269  	/* No partial writes. */
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  270  	result = -EINVAL;
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  271  	if (*ppos != 0)
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  272  		goto out;
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  273  
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  274  	result = -ENOMEM;
4af4662f Mimi Zohar 2009-02-04 @275  	data = kmalloc(datalen + 1, GFP_KERNEL);
4af4662f Mimi Zohar 2009-02-04  276  	if (!data)
6ccd0456 Eric Paris 2010-04-20  277  		goto out;
4af4662f Mimi Zohar 2009-02-04  278  

:::::: The code at line 275 was first introduced by commit
:::::: 4af4662fa4a9dc62289c580337ae2506339c4729 integrity: IMA policy

:::::: TO: Mimi Zohar <[email-masked]>
:::::: CC: James Morris <[email-masked]>

---
0-DAY kernel test infrastructure                Open Source Technology Center
https://lists.01.org/pipermail/kbuild-all                   Intel Corporation