Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the rdma tree with the nfsd tree

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 11:25:17 -0500

On Wed, Jan 06, 2016 at 07:01:14AM -0500, Chuck Lever wrote:
> Part of the plan was that Doug's tree would be merged before
> Bruce's. But the above problem description looks like the
> maintainer trees were merged into linux-next in the other order.

The order makes no difference.

The problem is that we had conflicting patches: I still had Christoph's
patch, but Doug's tree did something different.

(The only reason to care about merge order is that if I sent my pull
request to Linus first, it would look like "here's the nfsd changes for
4.5.  Oh, plus a bunch of rdma changes from Doug which he can explain
later...".  So it'd be best if the rdma changes were already in before I
sent a pull request based on them.)

> I'd like to make this simpler for everyone. Bruce, may I send
> my for-4.5 NFS/RDMA server patches to Doug with your Acked-by?

Sure, I'm fine with doing it either way.  Feel free to add my Acked-by:
to the patches you sent me before if that would simplify things.

--b.