Subject: Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the aio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 13:19:59 +1100

Hi Benjamin,

On Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:03:39 +0100 Geert Uytterhoeven <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:30 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >> Background: new aio code is adding __get_user() calls referencing 64
> >> bit quantities (__u64 and __s64).  
> >
> > There's lots more architectures which do not support 64-bit get_user()
> > _or_ __get_user(): avr32, blackfin, metag for example, and m68k which
> > has this interesting thing "/* case 8: disabled because gcc-4.1 has a
> > broken typeof \" in its *get_user() implementation.  
> 
> And if you enable it again, you get lots of "warning: cast to pointer from
> integer of different size", like you mentioned.

Any thoughts?  I am still using the version of tha aio tree from
next-20160111.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell