Subject: Re: arm qemu test failures due to 'driver-core: platform: probe of-devices only using list of compatibles'

From: Uwe Kleine-König<[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 09:17:50 +0100

Hello Russell,

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 08:07:55PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 08:55:01PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > So the unexpected abnormality here is that even though this device is
> > instantiated by dt, the driver doesn't provide any compatibles.
> > Either my expectation is wrong, then 67d02a1bbb33455 should be reverted
> 
> Your expectation is wrong.  AMBA primecell devices have hardware IDs
> and are matched to their drivers by those IDs.  Just like PCI.

pci devices don't appear in dt, do they? I don't see the connection
between amba devices and platform devices, see my other mail in this
thread for some more details.

Best regards
Uwe

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Uwe Kleine-König            |
Industrial Linux Solutions                 | http://www.pengutronix.de/  |