Subject: Re: next-20160215 build: 3 failures 14 warnings (next-20160215)

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:53:54 +0100

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 02:49:01PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 02:24:25PM +0100, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 12:19:22PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote:
> 
> > > Presumably some missing select or dependency there...
> 
> > I think this is caused by the MSI IRQ domain API not being exported.
> > I've just sent out a couple of patches that I've been carrying in my
> > local tree for a few days now.
> 
> Yeah, that'd do it.  

I just noticed that the build still fails after fixing those up:

	./drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/lib.a(lib-fdt_ro.stub.o): In function `__efistub_fdt_stringlist_count':
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0xe48): undefined reference to `__efistub_strnlen'
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0xe48): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `__efistub_strnlen'
	./drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/lib.a(lib-fdt_ro.stub.o): In function `__efistub_fdt_stringlist_search':
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0xf18): undefined reference to `__efistub_strnlen'
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0xf18): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `__efistub_strnlen'
	./drivers/firmware/efi/libstub/lib.a(lib-fdt_ro.stub.o): In function `__efistub_fdt_stringlist_get':
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0x1014): undefined reference to `__efistub_strnlen'
	__efistub_fdt_ro.c:(.init.text+0x1014): relocation truncated to fit: R_AARCH64_CALL26 against undefined symbol `__efistub_strnlen'

That happens on the ARM64 defconfig as well, but I have no idea what's
going on here.

Thierry