Subject: Re: [PATCH] PCI: mvebu: Restrict build to 32-bit ARM

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 15:24:09 +0100

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 03:06:23PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 18 February 2016 14:32:10 Thierry Reding wrote:
> > From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
> > 
> > This driver uses PCI glue that is only available on 32-bit ARM. This
> > used to work fine as long as ARCH_MVEBU and ARCH_DOVE were exclusively
> > 32-bit, but that's changed now, with ARCH_MVEBU also being available
> > on 64-bit ARM.
> > 
> > Signed-off-by: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
> 
> Looks fine as a temporary workaround, but I think what we really want to
> do here is to remove the dependency, as the new ARM64 platforms are going
> to need this driver anyway.

Agreed. I've been meaning to do just that for Tegra as well, but the
conversion is somewhat more involved and this is currently breaking the
linux-next builds, so a quick fix, even if temporary, is warranted in my
opinion.

Thierry