Subject: Re: next-20160225 build: 2 failures 44 warnings (next-20160225)

From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni-wi1+55ScJUtKEb57/[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:21:59 +0100

Guenter,

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 23:41:50 -0800, Guenter Roeck wrote:

> > also caused by b4f596b19624 (arm64: add mvebu architecture entry) which
> > enables MVBEU on arm64, the commit was present for a little while and
> > the error cropped up but didn't get reported due to other things masking
> > it.  atomic_io_modify() is only available on ARM, I'm unsure if this
> > needs a driver change or if the driver is just specific to older
> > hardware anyway.  The code is only used in the init path accessing what
> > look to be device specific registers so I'm not 100% clear why it
> > specifically needs to be an atomic modify.
> >
> Thierry already submitted a patch yesterday to restrict the driver to only
> build on ARM. We can revisit if/when the driver is needed on ARM64.

Ah, good, thanks. It isn't clear yet whether the driver will be needed
on ARM64 for the Marvell platforms. For Armada 7K/8K, there is a SBSA
compliant watchdog. For Armada 3700, I have only briefly looked, but it
seems to be a different IP than the one used on the 32 bits SoCs.

Thanks Thierry for fixing the issue!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-watchdog" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html