Subject: Re: linux-next: Tree for Mar 3

From: Sudip Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2016 16:30:18 +0530

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 05:09:26PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> Changes since 20160302:

With next-20160301 and next-20160302 I am having problem in allmodconfig
build of x86_64. The error being:

In file included from builtin-check.c:32:0:
elf.h:22:18: fatal error: gelf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
In file included from elf.c:30:0:
elf.h:22:18: fatal error: gelf.h: No such file or directoryIn file
included from special.h:22:0,
	                  from special.c:26:
elf.h:22:18: fatal error: gelf.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I have intsalled libelf-dev and now make allmodconfig && make -j8 works
but if I am trying make O=nextbuild allmodconfig && make O=nextbuild -j8
it again fails with the error:
scripts/Makefile.include:3: *** O=nextbuild does not exist.  Stop.

But this has been my normal workflow and I do have a valid directory
called nextbuild.

Am i the only one hitting this error? Do i need to bisect or it is a
known issue?

regards
sudip