Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the akpm-current tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 16:00:16 +1000

Hi Andrew,

After merging the akpm-current tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

mm/built-in.o: In function `handle_mm_fault':
frame_vector.c:(.text+0x29628): undefined reference to `do_huge_pmd_anonymous_page'

(Ignore the "frame_vector.c" above it is obviously incorrect.)

Probably caused by commit

  747220c26dd0 ("huge tmpfs: add shmem_pmd_fault()")

[Andrew: I added this patch from Hugh today ... see other emails]

The condition protecting the call to do_huge_pmd_anonymous_page()
in __handle_mm_fault() has becom more complicated and so the call
has presumably no longer been removed by the compiler for the
!CONFIG_TRANSPARENT_HUGEPAGE case.

I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell