Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the sound-asoc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 12:03:23 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the sound-asoc tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) failed like this:

In file included from include/linux/notifier.h:13:0,
                 from include/linux/memory_hotplug.h:6,
                 from include/linux/mmzone.h:744,
                 from include/linux/gfp.h:5,
                 from include/linux/kmod.h:22,
                 from include/linux/module.h:13,
                 from sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c:15:
sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c: In function 'hdmi_eld_ctl_get':
sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c:68:17: error: 'struct hdmi_codec_priv' has no member named 'eld_lock'
  mutex_lock(&hcp->eld_lock);
                 ^
include/linux/mutex.h:146:44: note: in definition of macro 'mutex_lock'
 #define mutex_lock(lock) mutex_lock_nested(lock, 0)
                                            ^
sound/soc/codecs/hdmi-codec.c:70:19: error: 'struct hdmi_codec_priv' has no member named 'eld_lock'
  mutex_unlock(&hcp->eld_lock);
                   ^

Caused by commit

  81151cfb6bfe ("ASoC: hdmi-codec: Add ELD control")

I have used the sound-asoc tree from next-20160421 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell