Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the gpio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:32:00 +1000

Hi Linus,

After merging the gpio tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:25:0:
drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c: In function 'lineevent_irq_thread':
include/linux/kfifo.h:403:39: warning: 'ge.id' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
    )[__kfifo->in & __tmp->kfifo.mask] = \
                                       ^
drivers/gpio/gpiolib.c:657:24: note: 'ge.id' was declared here
  struct gpioevent_data ge;
                        ^

Introduced by commit

  61f922db7221 ("gpio: userspace ABI for reading GPIO line events")

This is in the kfifo_put() call.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell