Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 2/4] gpio: Allow PC/104 devices on X86_64

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 19:36:07 -0700

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 12:47:14PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> On 31.05.2016 17:25, Greg KH wrote:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 07:23:06AM -0400, William Breathitt Gray wrote:
> >> On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 10:41:49AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> >>> On Sat, May 28, 2016 at 12:08 AM, William Breathitt Gray
> >>> <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>>> With the introduction of the ISA_BUS_API Kconfig option, ISA-style
> >>>> drivers may be built for X86_64 architectures. This patch changes the
> >>>> ISA Kconfig option dependency of the PC/104 drivers to ISA_BUS_API, thus
> >>>> allowing them to build for X86_64 as they are expected to.
> > […]
> >> Greg K-H,
> >>
> >> Would you be able to pick up this entire patchset via driver-core; I
> >> figure that tree is the most appropriate to receive any core ISA bus
> >> driver changes (unless you see a more fitting path to take).
> > […]
> > Yes, I can take this through the driver core tree as that's where the
> > original series came from...
> 
> Was this series merged or did it fell through the cracks? I currently
> assume the latter, as I can't see it in neither mainline nor linux-next
> (but maybe I'm missing something). Just wondering, because I have this
> issue on my regression list for 4.7.
> 
> For the whole context see:
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.gpio/17016/
> 
> Sincerely, your regression tracker for Linux 4.7 (http://bit.ly/28JRmJo)

I don't think this is a regression, I was going to queue these up for
4.8-rc1.  As it is now, 4.7-rc is working just fine in this regards,
right?

Or am I missing something?

thanks,

greg k-h