Subject: Re: linux-next: please clean up the hid tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 11:20:01 +1000

Hi Jiri,

On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 09:28:09 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> The hid tree
> (git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jikos/hid.git#for-next)
> seems to be based on v3.19 and constists of a large number of merges
> (of stuff that is now in Linus' tree) and ends with one particulary
> large revert (of a merge).

What I forgot to say is that that last revert creates lots of conflicts
when I merge your tree:

CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in sound/pci/hda/patch_realtek.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/shmem.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in fs/dcache.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/inc/smu74_discrete.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/hwmgr/polaris10_hwmgr.h
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/gpu/drm/amd/powerplay/hwmgr/polaris10_hwmgr.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/powerpc/Kconfig
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in arch/arm/mach-omap2/omap-smp.c
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in Makefile

So I have just dropped the hid tree until it is cleaned up.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell