Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the pm tree with the i2c tree

From: Wolfram Sang <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 21:32:54 +0900

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 02:19:28PM +0200, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Friday, July 15, 2016 12:28:53 PM Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > On Fri, 15 Jul 2016 12:17:23 +1000 Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I fixed it up (I think, but it needs more work - see below) and can
> > 
> > For a start, it generates this warning, now:
> > 
> > drivers/i2c/i2c-core.c:269:20: warning: 'i2c_acpi_add_device' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]
> > static acpi_status i2c_acpi_add_device(acpi_handle handle, u32 level,
> >                    ^
> 
> OK, thanks for the heads-up.

Yes, thanks!

> 
> Wolfram, what about if I exposed my "acpi-tables" branch for you to pull?
> 
> You could resolve this in your tree then.

I can pull it in, sure. For the fixup, I'd like a commitment from one of
the ACPI experts (Jarkko, Mika, Andy), though. Otherwise I'd need to
revert given that we are quite late in the cycle already.