Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm-intel tree with the drm-intel-fixes tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:42:06 +1000

Hi all,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm-intel tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c

between commits from the drm-intel-fixes tree (some of which are
cherry-picked from the drm-intel tree) and teh same and other commits
from the drm-inte tree.  These are just going to cause new conflicts
every time you touch this file again in either tree (which happens a
lot :-().

I fixed it up (see below) and can carry the fix as necessary. This
is now fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial
conflicts should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree
is submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider only putting
the fix patches into the drm-intel-fixes tree and then getting them
into the drm-intel tree by merging the -fixes tree instead of
cherry-picking them the other way.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
_______________________________________________
Intel-gfx mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/intel-gfx