Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the percpu tree with the asm-generic tree

From: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 21:59:32 +0200

On Tuesday 27 September 2016, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> diff --cc include/asm-generic/percpu.h
> index 70fefec69e61,40e887068da2..000000000000
> --- a/include/asm-generic/percpu.h
> +++ b/include/asm-generic/percpu.h
> @@@ -108,9 -118,9 +118,9 @@@ do {                                                                       
>   #define this_cpu_generic_read(pcp)                                    \
>   ({                                                                    \
>         typeof(pcp) __ret;                                              \
>  -      preempt_disable();                                              \
>  +      preempt_disable_notrace();                                      \
> -       __ret = *this_cpu_ptr(&(pcp));                                  \
> +       __ret = raw_cpu_generic_read(pcp);                              \
>  -      preempt_enable();                                               \
>  +      preempt_enable_notrace();                                       \
>         __ret;                                                          \
>   })
>   

The merge solution seems correct, but this is one of only two trivial
patches I have queued up for asm-generic this time, so I wonder if we could
put the _notrace patch into the percpu tree that already has the
raw_cpu_generic_read change to avoid the conflict.

	Arnd