Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the drm tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 11:57:17 +1000

Hi Dave,

Today's linux-next merge of the drm tree got a conflict in:

  drivers/gpu/drm/drm_crtc.c

between commit:

  6f00975c6190 ("drm: Reject page_flip for !DRIVER_MODESET")

from Linus' tree and commit:

  43968d7b806d ("drm: Extract drm_plane.[hc]")

from the drm tree.

I fixed it up (the latter takes the former into account, so I just used
the drm tree version) and can carry the fix as necessary. This is now
fixed as far as linux-next is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts
should be mentioned to your upstream maintainer when your tree is
submitted for merging.  You may also want to consider cooperating with
the maintainer of the conflicting tree to minimise any particularly
complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell