Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the gpio tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 16:31:14 +1100

Hi Linus,

After merging the gpio tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64
allmodconfig) produced this warning:

drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c: In function 'acpi_gpiochip_add':
drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c:925:9: warning: 'lflags' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   ret = gpiod_hog(desc, name, lflags, dflags);
         ^
drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c:912:16: note: 'lflags' was declared here
   unsigned int lflags, dflags;
                ^
drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c:925:7: warning: 'dflags' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
   ret = gpiod_hog(desc, name, lflags, dflags);
       ^
drivers/gpio/gpiolib-acpi.c:912:24: note: 'dflags' was declared here
   unsigned int lflags, dflags;
                        ^

These presumably have appeared since -Wmaybe-uninitialized has been
reenabled in Linus Torvald's tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell