Subject: Re: linux-next: bad commits in the security tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 04:09:07 +1100

Hi Casey,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 08:17:24 -0800 Casey Schaufler <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> On 11/22/2016 2:58 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> > Hi James,
> >
> > I noticed that there are some commits in the security tree that have no
> > Signed-off-by from the committer (Casey Schaufler).
> >  
> My understanding is that patches I don't write should
> be Acked, not Signed-off when I commit them. If this is
> not correct I will address my misconduct.

If you are on the path of a patch to Linus, you need to sign off on the
patch according to the DCO - see section 11 of
Documentation/SubmittingPatches (or
Documentation/process/submitting-patches.rst where it has been moved
recently).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell