Subject: linux-next: build warning after merge of the wireless-drivers-next tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 11:58:14 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the wireless-drivers-next tree, today's linux-next build
(x86_64 allmodconfig) produced this warning:

In file included from include/linux/usb/ch9.h:35:0,
                 from include/linux/usb.h:5,
                 from drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8xxxu/rtl8xxxu_core.c:32:
drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8xxxu/rtl8xxxu_core.c: In function 'rtl8xxxu_fill_txdesc_v2':
include/linux/device.h:1214:36: warning: 'rate' may be used uninitialized in this function [-Wmaybe-uninitialized]
 #define dev_info(dev, fmt, arg...) _dev_info(dev, fmt, ##arg)
                                    ^
drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtl8xxxu/rtl8xxxu_core.c:4841:6: note: 'rate' was declared here
  u32 rate;
      ^

Introduced by commit

  b4c3d9cfb607 ("rtl8xxxu: Pass tx_info to fill_txdesc in order to have access to retry count")

This is a correct diagnosis.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell