Subject: linux-next: manual merge of the vfs tree with the overlayfs tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:13:10 +1100

Hi Al,

Today's linux-next merge of the vfs tree got a conflict in:

  fs/overlayfs/copy_up.c

between commit:

  4a756233184d ("Revert "ovl: Warn on copy up if a process has a R/O fd open to the lower file"")

from the overlayfs tree and commit:

  450630975da9 ("don't open-code file_inode()")

from the vfs tree.

I fixed it up (the former removed the code updated by the latter) and
can carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next
is concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your
upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging.  You may
also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting
tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell