Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm-misc tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:53:29 +1100

Hi all,

After merging the drm-misc tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/usb/Kconfig:39:error: recursive dependency detected!
drivers/usb/Kconfig:39: symbol USB is selected by MOUSE_APPLETOUCH
drivers/input/mouse/Kconfig:187:        symbol MOUSE_APPLETOUCH depends on INPUT
drivers/input/Kconfig:8:        symbol INPUT is selected by VT
drivers/tty/Kconfig:12: symbol VT is selected by FB_STI
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:678:        symbol FB_STI depends on FB
drivers/video/fbdev/Kconfig:5:  symbol FB is selected by DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:72:     symbol DRM_KMS_FB_HELPER depends on DRM_KMS_HELPER
drivers/gpu/drm/Kconfig:66:     symbol DRM_KMS_HELPER is selected by DRM_NOUVEAU
drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/Kconfig:1:      symbol DRM_NOUVEAU depends on LEDS_CLASS
drivers/leds/Kconfig:16:        symbol LEDS_CLASS is selected by OMAP_DEBUG_LEDS
arch/arm/plat-omap/Kconfig:19:  symbol OMAP_DEBUG_LEDS depends on NEW_LEDS
drivers/leds/Kconfig:8: symbol NEW_LEDS is selected by ATH9K_HTC
drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/Kconfig:158:     symbol ATH9K_HTC depends on USB

Caused by commit

  a5ad0fd8524e ("drm: nouveau: fix build when LEDS_CLASS=m")

I have reverted that commit for today (just because I had to to make
sure that was the problem).

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell
_______________________________________________
dri-devel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dri-devel