Subject: Re: linux-next: build warning after merge of the staging tree

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:37:20 +0100

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 03:36:22PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Greg,
> 
> After merging the staging tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
> allyesconfig) produced this warning:
> 
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_I2C_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_I2C && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_I2C)
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_SPI_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_SPI && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_SPI)
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_SPI_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_SPI && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_SPI)
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_I2C_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_I2C && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_I2C)
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_SPI_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_SPI && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_SPI)
> warning: (IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS) selects IIO_ST_ACCEL_I2C_3AXIS which has unmet direct dependencies (IIO && !SENSORS_LIS3_I2C && IIO_ST_ACCEL_3AXIS && IIO_ST_SENSORS_I2C)
> 
> Introduced by commit
> 
>   762227721fe6 ("iio: accel: st_accel: handle deprecated bindings")

Ick.  I've added Jonathan to the thread, any thoughts?

thanks,

greg k-h