Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the scsi-mkp tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 13:41:19 +1100

Hi Martin,

After merging the scsi-mkp tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
ppc64_defconfig) failed like this:

ERROR: ".nvme_fc_unregister_remoteport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvme_fc_unregister_localport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvmet_fc_rcv_ls_req" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvmet_fc_rcv_fcp_req" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvme_fc_register_localport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvme_fc_register_remoteport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvmet_fc_register_targetport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!
ERROR: ".nvmet_fc_unregister_targetport" [drivers/scsi/lpfc/lpfc.ko] undefined!

Caused by commit

  462896e1808c ("scsi: lpfc: NVME Initiator: bind to nvme_fc api")

# CONFIG_NVME_FC is not set

Presumably a missing dependency.

I have used the scsi-mkp from next-20170221 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell