Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the drm tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2017 10:25:35 +1100

Hi Dave,

After merging the drm tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:198:26: error: redefinition of 'tinydrm_of_find_backlight'
 struct backlight_device *tinydrm_of_find_backlight(struct device *dev)
                          ^
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:11:0:
include/drm/tinydrm/tinydrm-helpers.h:53:1: note: previous definition of 'tinydrm_of_find_backlight' was here
 tinydrm_of_find_backlight(struct device *dev)
 ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:230:5: error: redefinition of 'tinydrm_enable_backlight'
 int tinydrm_enable_backlight(struct backlight_device *backlight)
     ^
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:11:0:
include/drm/tinydrm/tinydrm-helpers.h:58:19: note: previous definition of 'tinydrm_enable_backlight' was here
 static inline int tinydrm_enable_backlight(struct backlight_device *backlight)
                   ^
drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:258:5: error: redefinition of 'tinydrm_disable_backlight'
 int tinydrm_disable_backlight(struct backlight_device *backlight)
     ^
In file included from drivers/gpu/drm/tinydrm/core/tinydrm-helpers.c:11:0:
include/drm/tinydrm/tinydrm-helpers.h:64:1: note: previous definition of 'tinydrm_disable_backlight' was here
 tinydrm_disable_backlight(struct backlight_device *backlight)
 ^

Caused by commit

  9f69eb5c36a6 ("drm/tinydrm: Add helper functions")

I have used the drm tree from next-20170223 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell