Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the xen-tip tree with the tip tree

From: Ingo Molnar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 16:38:25 +0200

* Juergen Gross <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > So my suggestion would be: could you delay 75cd32d6093e for a week, and then 
> > merge it on top of a pulled in tip:x86/mm? I'll send that tree to Linus on the 
> > first day of the merge window so there shouldn't be any ordering problems.
> 
> Okay, that's rather easy to do.
> 
> Boris, I renamed the current Xen for-linus-4.12 branch for easy development of 
> other Xen patches to for-linus-4.12-pre.
> 
> I'll create another branch for-linus-4.12 based on the tip tree next week which 
> will be subject to the pull request for Linus. As soon as for-linus-4.12 is 
> ready the for-linus-4.12-pre branch shouldn't be used any longer.

I've created a tip:x86-mm-for-xen branch with the following head:

  7f75540ff2ca ("Merge tag 'v4.11-rc5' into x86/mm, to refresh the branch")

... which should be a reasonable base that includes a working version of the 
5-level pagetable changes.

Thanks,

	Ingo