Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 13:36:28 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x64): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_remove_device_from_group'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x64): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x3c): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_detach_device_from_domain'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x3c): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x0): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_io_page_fault'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x0): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x78): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_add_device_to_group'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x78): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x14): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_unmap'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x14): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x28): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_map'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x28): first defined here
drivers/gpu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x50): multiple definition of `__tracepoint_attach_device_to_domain'
drivers/iommu/built-in.o:(__tracepoints+0x50): first defined here

The tip tree has not changed since yesterday.  However, reverting
the drm-tegra tree fixes the build problem.  So there is some interaction
between the tip tree and today's drm-tegra tree.

So for now, I have reverted the merge of the drm-tegra tree.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell