Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 13:50:16 +1000

Hi Paul,

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (x86_64 allmodconfig)
failed like this:

kernel/rcu/rcutorture.c: In function 'rcu_torture_stats_print':
kernel/rcu/rcutorture.c:1369:3: error: implicit declaration of function 'srcutorture_get_gp_data' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
   srcutorture_get_gp_data(cur_ops->ttype, srcu_ctlp,
   ^

Caused by commit

  b4d55cac0a93 ("srcu: Make rcutorture writer stalls print SRCU GP state")

This config has CONFIG_CLASSIC_SRCU=y and CONFIG_RCU_TORTURE_TEST=m, so
CONFIG_RCU_TORTURE_TEST is not defined - CONFIG_RCU_TORTURE_TEST_MODULE
is defined.  You probably want to protect srcutorture_get_gp_data() with
IS_ENABLED(CONFIG_RCU_TORTURE_TEST) instead.

I have used the rcu tree from next-20170418 for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell