Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the rcu tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 15:36:47 +1000

Hi Paul,

[Also reported by Michael elsewhere]

After merging the rcu tree, today's linux-next build (powerpc
pseries_le_defconfig) failed like this:

arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S: Assembler messages:
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:587: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009ff8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:617: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009d88 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:619: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009dc0 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:643: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009df8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:650: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009d8c is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1353: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009ff8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1663: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009db0 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1665: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009dc8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1734: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009db8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1782: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009ff8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1837: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009de0 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1877: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009ff8 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007fff)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1918: Error: operand out of range (0x0000000000009de0 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)
arch/powerpc/kvm/book3s_hv_rmhandlers.S:1943: Error: operand out of range (0x000000000000a048 is not between 0xffffffffffff8000 and 0x0000000000007ffc)

Caused by commit

  b2bb79507ba1 ("srcu: Parallelize callback handling")

I have left it broken for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell