Subject: linux-next: build failure after merge of the tip tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:32:55 +1000

Hi all,

After merging the tip tree, today's linux-next build (arm
multi_v7_defconfig) failed like this:

kernel/tracepoint.c: In function 'tracepoint_remove_func':
kernel/tracepoint.c:253:4: error: implicit declaration of function 'static_key_slow_dec_cpuslocked' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
    static_key_slow_dec_cpuslocked(&tp->key);
    ^

Caused by commit

  24db7a671bd5 ("trace/perf: Cure hotplug lock ordering issues")

static_key_slow_dec_cpuslocked() is only defined if HAVE_JUMP_LABEL is
set - which is only defined if defined(CC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO) &&
defined(CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL).  CONFIG_JUMP_LABEL is not set for this build.

I wasn't sure if just adding

  #define static_key_slow_dec_cpuslocked static_key_slow_dec

in the !HAVE_JUMP_LABEL case in include/linux/jump_label.h would be
sufficient, so I have reverted that commit for today.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell