Subject: linux-next: Tree for May 12

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 13:12:16 +1000

Hi all,

Please do not add any v4.13 destined material in your linux-next
included branches until after v4.12-rc1 has been released.

Changes since 20170511:

Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 520
 583 files changed, 13977 insertions(+), 14719 deletions(-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have created today's linux-next tree at
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
(patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ).  If you
are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
old one.  You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
master.

You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
file in the source.  There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
files in the Next directory.  Between each merge, the tree was built
with a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc and an allmodconfig (with
CONFIG_BUILD_DOCSRC=n) for x86_64, a multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a
native build of tools/perf. After the final fixups (if any), I do an
x86_64 modules_install followed by builds for x86_64 allnoconfig,
powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit), ppc44x_defconfig, allyesconfig
and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, sparc and sparc64 defconfig.

Below is a summary of the state of the merge.

I am currently merging 258 trees (counting Linus' and 37 trees of bug
fix patches pending for the current merge release).

Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .

Status of my local build tests will be at
http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next .  If maintainers want to give
advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
more builds.

Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds.  And to Paul
Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell