Subject: Re: linux-next: manual merge of the tip tree with Linus' tree

From: Stephen Rothwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2017 07:44:56 +1000

Hi Mark,

On Mon, 22 May 2017 09:32:15 +0100 Mark Rutland <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Just to check, is your copy of tip up-to-date?

Yes, it was fetched just before being merged.  I use the auto-latest
branch of the tip tree which may not be as up to date as the master
branch.

> That latter commit was in the tip smp/hotplug branch, but that branch
> was reset to v4.12-rc1 a few days ago (before the first commit was sent
> to Linus), specifically to avoid this conflict.
> 
> ... did we miss another branch that was merged into, perhaps?

Presumably, but that's ok - I assume it will come good eventually.

> The good news is that the commit in Linus' tree is the correct fix. :)

Well, except that I only fixed up that one spot, the rest of the commit
from the tip tree was still there.

> The other commit was a slightly broken prior attempt, and shouldn't be
> in the tip tree any more.

OK.

-- 
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell